- I will not count calories; I will count fruits & vegetables and aim for 5 a day.
- Portion control will be my focus, not avoidance of certain foods.
- I’ll continue to avail myself of the convenience of fast food as life necessitates. However, I’ll order small things from the dollar/value or kids’ menu and drink water.
- No soft drinks; I’ll drink water with lemon or ice tea (unsweetened or lightly sweetened, with lemon).
- When in a coffee shop (which, I confess, is frequently), I’ll drink cappuccino or espresso, none of those froo-froo coffee drinks.
- Wine only occasionally, say 1-2 times a week.
- Whole grain cereals and fruit for breakfast. No pastries or doughnuts, except on Sunday.
- SALAD all the time. This is the mainstay of my diet. I’ll show you.